background

Katlynn~ March 5, 2011

Katlynn~ March 5, 2011
I might be bias... but she is beautiful!!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Week-15

Well.. the little stinker is doing great on the potty with #1.  However, with #2 we're still hit and miss.  She's had a few successes, but I am still catching her crapping in her pants, putting it in the toilet and then telling us she pooped in the toilet.  We've actually believed her a few times until we see poop caked to her bottom or her undies streaked. I know, I know some of you are thinking TMI, but this is my life.  I live this day in and day out, so I can't help but turn some of it into humor.

Tonight we hit another milestone (at least in my book).  She was sent to timeout for trowing toys.  She typically sits in timeout really well without a fuss (why can't Halle and Audrie do this?). So anyhow,  after her 3 minutes was up,  I went to her and I asked her why she was put in timeout.  She was able to correctly tell me why and that she has thrown toys.  Jackpot.  She understood... phew.  that little brain of hers that is constantly working on overdrive, is working quite well.  

So I snapped this picture of a person she drew.  Now, I did not see this happen, but Dave and the other 2 girls swear Katlynn drew it so I will give her credit because I really think she did it, I think.  She can draw legs, arms, hair and eyebrows too.  


Cute, right.  

Anyhow,  we're in search of a swim instructor for Katlynn.  Haven't had any luck yet.  I called a lady yesterday who is a private instructor and she charges $300+ for 8 lessons... are you kidding me?  I was thinking holy shit balls this woman means business and in 8 short sessions my kid better be a future Olympian for that price. Anyhow,  with all these drownings happening to kids with autism lately (there are articles all over the internet) I am terrified for Katlynn's safety.  Pools, ponds, beaches all freak me out right now.  So I am hoping to at least get her more comfortable with water and a little more familiar with safety. 

Ps... No, I am not paying $300+ for swim lessons.  Future Olympian or not,  that price is insane to me. 

oh, oh, oh~ one more thing... I found this picture of Katlynn  at 10 months.  Her first piggies.  Aww... 



1 comment:

  1. :) you are such an AWESOME mom, Summer!!
    enjoying your blog... <3 Kt <3

    ReplyDelete