background

Katlynn~ March 5, 2011

Katlynn~ March 5, 2011
I might be bias... but she is beautiful!!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Week-14

So, I think Katlynn's IEP went well.  Part of me feels as though I might have under estimated her capabilities for the goals I agreed on with the team.  I didn't want to put too much on her, but I also wanted to make sure they were addressing key academic and social areas.   She has 2 goals placed I know for a fact she will master in the next 6 months.  Counting to 20 consecutively and tracing her name all caps.   Tonight she traced her name.  While it wasn't great, she actually did much better then I thought she would.  So... I am hoping this doesn't turn into another IEP saga down the line.  Crossing my fingers the communications just go smooth and she keeps her teacher she has now.

I also addressed the idea of the girls sharing a classroom for their last year of preschool.  It is something the staff was willing to discuss and get back to me.  Crossing my fingers on that one.

The potty is still going pretty good.  We actually had a poop success tonight.  Yay!!!

We're still having issues with her saying "no" and " I not..." constantly for everything lately.  It is something new and is frustrating to see her doing.  Even stuff she enjoys she is responding to this way.  I am hoping it is short lived and with the help of her behavioral interventionists, we can find a solution to the issue.

That's all for now folks.

Oh.... I started a fundraiser for an  I-pad for Katlynn.  If you know anyone who would like to take part and donate or support, please check the tab to the top left for donations information.

1 comment:

  1. YAY for a good IEP!! :) WTG momma!!
    gonna check out the fundraiser....
    (Katie)

    ReplyDelete