background

Katlynn~ March 5, 2011

Katlynn~ March 5, 2011
I might be bias... but she is beautiful!!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Book Review- Point to Happy: For Children on the Autism Spectrum

I am pleased to announce that I was given a chance to review the book Point to Happy: For Children on the Autism Spectrum. I tried it out with Katlynn during her therapy sessions and on my own time with her.
 
This book is a godsend to any parent and child dealing with autism, aspergers, add, adhd- but to be perfectly honest, every parent should read it with their kids especially children that learn better about emotions visually. Who doesn't learn better visually using real life photos of classroom and social behavior? I was pleased to see the simple and basic feelings shown beautifully.  It touches on simple life skills such as playing,  staying close,  quiet time, colors, routines, etc.  There is even a section in the back where you can add your own social or emotional story yourself.   

Point to Happy: For Children on the Autism Spectrum  is a must have for EVERY child that is entering preschool and/or kindergarten. Every library needs this book ... tell yours! 


You can purchase it HERE.









2 comments:

  1. Great pics Summer! I'll have to check in to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just became a "follower" of your blog. Your family is GORGEOUS!!! I have a 16 month old, and a 2 1/2 year old. My oldest, Macie, was diagnosed with autism just 3 months ago. I am still in the "diagnosis haze" right now, and am so glad I found your blog. Autism is not only a difficult diagnosis to get, but I think it's different when you have a girl that's diagnosed...maybe I am wrong. I just ordered the book Point to Happy. Can't wait to get it. Thank you for recommending it!

    ReplyDelete