background

Katlynn~ March 5, 2011

Katlynn~ March 5, 2011
I might be bias... but she is beautiful!!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Week-3... With update 1/22/11

I think I heard one of the best things ever tonight.  Katlynn asked me for a banana and when I gave it to her she smiled at me and said, "I'm happy".  I have never heard her verbally express emotion before and it is something we have actually been working on just her and I lately.  For instance today we were drawing on the of those doodle boards and I drew a happy face and a sad face and I asked her which one she was.  She pointed to the happy, but did not say it.  So when she said it tonight, I realize she actually said it with a purpose and that it was meaningful.

Oh and her new favorite game is Hide-and-go-seek. She's been playing it with her sister and little friend daily with lots if laughs and giggles.

Melts my heart to see her happy.

UPDATE:  Katlynn was playing around with daddy wrestling and he was pretending to be hurt and Katlynn asked him, "you alright, dad, you okay?" Aww... empathy is VERY important with these kiddos and to see her showing it, is just another step we're going in the right directions. Good job, K!

4 comments: