background

Katlynn~ March 5, 2011

Katlynn~ March 5, 2011
I might be bias... but she is beautiful!!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Week -1

We're wrapping up the first week back to school and I got a report from Katlynn's teacher that she is doing well and talking more.  At home, she is initiating so much more conversation.  Even in the form of questions, answers and even statements.  It's amazing.  It seems as though her echolalia is not happening as often anymore either.

On the downside of the new year, I think Katlynn maybe be having absent seizures.  I am not certain as I have never talked to her Dr. about it. She had a scary episode where she just sort of went limp and froze yesterday and was unresponsive to her name or touch.  It was not the typical zoning out autistic children do.  But just as I was about to freak out she came around and was acting normal (well... normal for her) again. So, I have been pouring into research again and will have a million questions at the next Dr. appt I am sure.

We also started a new potty training program through ABA.  Not doing great, but some little progress here and there.  Lots of good rewards, but little progress.
.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about those seizures but I was reading up on it and it says you can outgrow them...hopefully that will be the case. Just one more thing to worry about, though, and I know you don't need that. We need to get our kids together some time soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Angela you are right. My daughter (also Summer's cousin) outgrew hers. She has been seizure free for 11 years now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE were just at the neurologist at the beginning of January for this. Do not delay your treatment as they can do some damage even though they are just seconds long. My daughter also has PDD. Your doctor should send you for an EEG and to a pediatric neurologist. Ours did and Taylor has been on Depakene ever since. It's controlling her seizures nicely with pretty much no side effects. She started the same way you describe and then it just got worse.

    ReplyDelete