background

Katlynn~ March 5, 2011

Katlynn~ March 5, 2011
I might be bias... but she is beautiful!!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

It’s been a while I know, but I am a busy mom and wife and sometimes it’s hard for me to get caught up.


So we went on a mini vacation to Disneyland the 3rd week of March and it was a swell trip. All 3 kids had a blast as always. Disneyland is a wonderful place for kids on the spectrum; at least in my opinion. It is so big, and there is such a variety of things to do, it can please even the most sensory sensitive, tantrum throwing kids. I am so glad we renewed our passes again this year.



On that note… that trip really threw Katlynn off. She went from being my sweet, mellow go with the flow girl to a tantrum throwing, hitting, and non- complaint screaming turd. It was a stressful week. We sure as hell didn’t and don’t miss those aspects of Autism. This week though, she is like the old Katlynn; back to her old pleasurable compliant self. Boy let me tell you what a relief it is. I was really getting worried she was going to do this huge regression and that I had fed her something or had done something to cause it all. Of course I then have to remind myself that autistic kiddos are pretty unpredictable at times and sometimes any little thing can set them off. So we’re all back to one big happy family now.

Katlynn’s IEP is this coming Tues. Not looking forward to it and I think I have already ticked off some of the staff by asking for things and putting my foot down; not letting them walk all over me. I am hoping we get a lot of great goals placed for Katlynn and that this inclusion program I am fighting for is really going to benefit her. Yet another tricky part to autism is, what you might think will work for some kids, doesn’t. I am crossing my fingers that we all come to an agreement easily and get this IEP set.

Here are some random recent pictures of lil' red!

It's pretty obvious we don't do GFCF........yet!

Stiring up batter to bake a cake.  Cooking with the kids is always a HIT.


Halle is an awesome big sister.


No comments:

Post a Comment