background

Katlynn~ March 5, 2011

Katlynn~ March 5, 2011
I might be bias... but she is beautiful!!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Week 16- Just random

So there are a couple things I am bothered by right now.

 #1- pool safety and children with autism.  I know many ASD parents can vouch that kids with autism are attracted to water.  Look at all the drowning reports in the past couple years.  It can happen in a split second and cause neurological damage beyond repair.  I used to work for a pediatric sub acute in Loma Linda.  Many many of those children where in a "vegetable state" with permanent brain damage.  Many of those children's conditions came from near drownings at their own homes. I have seen the loss and devastation.  Why can't others see it?

#2-  We all know ASD kids thrive on routine, right.  So why would you have a teacher for your child one year,  a different teacher for ESY (end of school year) and then another new teacher the following year?  I know for a fact my daughter should have the same teacher as last year, but I am getting the run around about how I would have to do a district transfer and that there is no guarantee, blah, blah, blah... BULL SHIT. I know several parents who have requested the same teachers and have gotten them. I am willing to bet even with the district preschool changes this year, some of those parents will get the same teachers EVEN if that teacher is not at the child's home-school.  It's all a crock and a ploy and what's the worst is they are toying with my daughter's future and education and it really pisses me off.    I will not stop fighting for my daughter's rights.


Okay, I am off my soapbox now.

No comments:

Post a Comment