background

Katlynn~ March 5, 2011

Katlynn~ March 5, 2011
I might be bias... but she is beautiful!!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Week-9

Potty training is going super good. In 5 days we've only had about 5 accidents. Not to shabby. I love how aware of it she is becoming.  Tonight she was hiding in a corner pooping and I saw her and I told her I knew what she was doing and I told her I knew what she was doing and she said, "I have to go to the potty".  Of course, she'd already pooped, but that's okay.  It's a learning process.

Another another good note, I did not realize how well she cuts using scissors.  She did amazing  holding them properly and everything.  She was really enjoying it. In the past I gave up quickly because she just wasn't getting the hang of holding the properly and I would just give up trying with her.  Now, I know she can totally do it (Thank you Clouds preschool)... More crafts to come.  Writing on the other hand is still a work in progress.  We're still trying to teach her to hold a pencil properly.  She'll get there, I know she will.

She amazes me everyday with songs she is singing and learning as well and reciting books to the "T".

Her IEP is set for April... I have so much to think about with her.  She's made so much progress I haven't really thought about her goals recently and I have been focusing a lot of Halle for the time being because she needed more help. I have a friend who has been struggling and advocating for her son who is also preschool age and I have realized, that I really have no clue where Katlynn is with her goals.  If she is meeting them, etc.   So,  I ordered a great book on IEP's that, that same friend recommended.  I do feel much more confident going into IEP's now.  Much more informed, and armed with what I want for my daughter.

I can't believe she and Audrie are going to be 4 in just 2.5 months.  Crazy how time flies.

1 comment:

  1. Cutting with scissors? That's great! That takes quite a bit of fine motor control.

    ReplyDelete