background

Katlynn~ March 5, 2011

Katlynn~ March 5, 2011
I might be bias... but she is beautiful!!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Not autism BUT special needs related.

I wanted to share with everyone about a documentary I was given a chance to view and review.  I came across the trailer on Facebook from a friend of mine and decided I HAD to get my hands on this dvd and see it for myself..It is called DEEDAH.

First, I must say how incredibly moved I was by this film.  I laughed and teared up all at the same time.  My oldest daughter watched it with me, and  she didn't even have to ask questions because the documentary explained down syndrome to a "T" by a young girl who happens to be DEEDAH. She is the sister to Johnathan who has down syndrome.  I felt as though it would be a great addition to an elementary school setting for all young children to watch.  I am sure many children do not realize how special these children are and how bright and capable they also are.  This documentary sheds light on everything from bullying and name calling to the capability and successes of a young boy with down syndrome.  

I was very humbled to be given an opportunity to watch it and review and and I personally give it 2 thumbs up and I hope to encourage others in the education field as well and parents and loved ones watch this documentary. 

1 comment:

  1. I followed the link and then found their blog http://www.deedahandme.com/blog/ which has some beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete