background

Katlynn~ March 5, 2011

Katlynn~ March 5, 2011
I might be bias... but she is beautiful!!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Week-11

So we are continuing potty success after potty success.  In fact, I would pretty much consider her pee-pee trained if that counts.  Poop is another story, but I don't care since it is one less mess to clean up and one less package of pull ups to buy.  I am so proud of how she is doing.  I talked to her speech pathologist and she is met all her goals on her IEP already for speech related goals.  Woot-Woot.  (I just have to figure out a way to keep her with group speech services).

So tonight I was very happy to see Katlynn playing with a doll and brushing her hair.  I was so excited to see that because you see,  those little things are HUGE with kids who have autism.  HUGE.  I won't mention she was brushing the hair of Halle's $100 American girl who now has a a matted mess of a fro atop her head now.  That's gonna be a fun project.  But again, I have to smile about it, because it was a huge milestone for her.




Here are a couple more:

We were eating dinner and I gave Katlynn some carrots.  She didn't want them on her plate and instead of throwing a huge fit  like she normally would have and like many ASD kiddos do, she simply said, "No carrots, no thank you". For that, I could do nothing but remove them in awe and again with a smile on my face. I could care less if she ate carrots at the time being because her telling me "no thank you" was way more important.

Cortney and Jacob came over the other morning and when they walked through the door Katlynn said, "Hi Cortney, hi Jacob" with no prompts.  Just simple said it like a standard greeting... again, I felt like we SCORED. She actually greeted someone without having to be prompted.  Awesomeness.

She had her EEG today and I should know the result in a couple days.  Crossing my fingers it is nothing, but also hoping they didn't miss anything.

Stay tuned for week 12.

1 comment: