background

Katlynn~ March 5, 2011

Katlynn~ March 5, 2011
I might be bias... but she is beautiful!!

Friday, June 11, 2010

Roller Coaster Ride

As much heartache and stress as Katlynn’s special needs have brought to my life, it has been one up’d by my love for being her mother. Is it possible to love a child more and more each day through the good bad and the ugly? Even on her worst days I am so happy she is my daughter.

When things get harry and I feel like a volcano about to erupt I think about the joy and fun my kids have brought me on a daily basis. When I am in tears over Katlynn’s denials for a service of one sort of another, I think about how far she has come and I attribute most of it to me, her father and her siblings.

Day in and day out I could think about the “what if’s” and how my life would be different if Katlynn wasn’t autistic, but like I have said before, she is and there is no changing that. She will always be autistic and I am going to cherish the present, not dwell on the past and not picture the future.

I have learned so much in the past year and I didn’t realize how important a role as a mother really is or how many hats a mother wears in order to provide and protect her family.

It’s a roller coaster, but one I am willing to ride over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment